Guiding Service

My guiding services are now available to assist fly fishermen on both game and coarse rivers. I'd be happy to advise and arrange your special day anywhere from one of Derbyshires finest trout and grayling rivers to your own local coarse river. Email Mick Martin for details and options. Please copy and paste into your own email info@rivererewashfoundation.co.uk











Wednesday 16 May 2012

Trickle Of Mays

Joined Adsdad of the Forums at Willersley lastnight for a few hours and on arrival the river was a little high to permit my usual wading style but nice and clear,unfortunately there was little insect life just the odd sedge and a very slow trickle of Mayfly. The fish weren't playing ball but we managed a few fish taken on dries {mayfly for Ady) when he found the only spot with a few rising fish. The fish were small wildies which in my observations after a spate have a field day, taking advantage of the larger fish losing station, anyhow they were beautiful little things and pleasing to us on a more difficult night at the castle. After the days sunshine I was suprised to have the stretch to ourselves and thoroughly enjoyed my evening in good company - roll on mayfly and it wont be long, we just need the break in the damn weather and a temperature rise.

2 comments:

Regular Rod said...

It sure is cold out of the sunshine Mick. When folks use to say "Ne'er cast a clout till May be out" my Grannie would reply "Aye and put it back on, ont' first of June...

Regular Rod

Mick Martin said...

Once I spotted my own breath I knew it was time to go, wooly hat and all.