Guiding Service

My guiding services are now available to assist fly fishermen on both game and coarse rivers. I'd be happy to advise and arrange your special day anywhere from one of Derbyshires finest trout and grayling rivers to your own local coarse river. Email Mick Martin for details and options. Please copy and paste into your own email info@rivererewashfoundation.co.uk











Monday 7 May 2012

Silence Of The Lambs

After deciding on Cauldwell today I arrived 1pm to a Wye up to the brim and running clear which is very pleasing to see after low levels forever and a day. High levels and torrents highlighted how magnificent this special little river is. Wondering through the meadows I stumbled onto a good LDO hatch and was catching wild browns in no time, while experimenting with patterns which no suprising the Grey Duster won. While sitting in silence observing the river I had a visit from 2 locals who got really close shown in the pic below. I steadily caught fish until 4pm when things died a death.
I moved upto fishermans area and nothing at all, things had really turned bleak so I ended trying town for the last couple of hours which also proved difficult although a nice brown around 3lb dragged me all over the Wye and made sure I got my fussy out, i said"fussy" dude. I had a seat for a momento before I set off home as I probably wont be back for a while.

No comments: