Guiding Service

My guiding services are now available to assist fly fishermen on both game and coarse rivers. I'd be happy to advise and arrange your special day anywhere from one of Derbyshires finest trout and grayling rivers to your own local coarse river. Email Mick Martin for details and options. Please copy and paste into your own email info@rivererewashfoundation.co.uk











Monday 3 October 2011

Wye

Arrived afternoon to tons of traffic Bakewell bound so fished the lower stretches under overcast sky quickly turning into showers. There were a few sedge about and a trickle of LDO's but nothing to write home about. I targeted pods of grayling and stubbornly set about catching them which wasn't easy and very time consuming, however I did catch plenty under a pound eventually having to use 20's or smaller but only in 2 out of the 3 chosen pools. Bloody frustrating how I cracked the code twice only 1oo yrds from an impossible to catch pod just upstream, but thats fishing folks.


I spent the last 2 hours around town after a brief chat with Alex Swan when the rain fell a little heavier finishing the fishing really. I managed a few rainbows but called it a day before dark. As I've filled my boots the last few weeks no doubt I won't catch one next week now the trout season is closed.

No comments: