Guiding Service

My guiding services are now available to assist fly fishermen on both game and coarse rivers. I'd be happy to advise and arrange your special day anywhere from one of Derbyshires finest trout and grayling rivers to your own local coarse river. Email Mick Martin for details and options. Please copy and paste into your own email info@rivererewashfoundation.co.uk











Tuesday 9 August 2011

Wye Backdated

Spent the day on the Wye before my holidays and thought I'd blog the day now, better late than never. I took a guest who had plenty of success, especially on my Larry's Pride I'm pleased to say. Plenty of sedge and olives around and the river had a little top up recently so happy days.



My guest quickly got his target of a grayling and a fine fish indeed along with plenty of wild trout. I received a wack across the mouth with his rod but he still didn't shut me up. We managed a pint in the Peacock before the evening session which was pleasant, apart from the love songs which nearly sent us both to sleep.





Bakewells finest RW came out for a chat and on realising my braided leader which I don't use I exlained I'd snapped the needle knot while snagged in a tree,with my eyes I'd no chance replacing on the riverbank so used my emergency superglue and braided loop. Richard was having none of that and swiftly took me home and fitted me a new leader and with no doubt the finest knot my flyline had ever seen - many thanx RW.


We fished until dark with a few fish taking spinners but as the night fell the trout weren't playing cricket for whatever reason, a little dissapointing but we b oth managed a couple under the odd streetlight before calling an end to a great day.


No comments: