Guiding Service

My guiding services are now available to assist fly fishermen on both game and coarse rivers. I'd be happy to advise and arrange your special day anywhere from one of Derbyshires finest trout and grayling rivers to your own local coarse river. Email Mick Martin for details and options. Please copy and paste into your own email info@rivererewashfoundation.co.uk











Sunday 4 January 2009

Mayfield (Slap in the Face)

The river was in lovely condition today and the grayling were very obliging somehow making the cold more bearable as a few beauties came out every time you started to think God its cold.



I met a nice chap today and we chatted for sometime about our beloved sport and local venues, which also helped tolerate the low temperatures, at least there were 2 of us suffering. The fish were in spectacular condition today, simply stunning like the one below.




Today I experimented with different techniques of handling the ladies which ended in the best fish of the day giving me a slap in the mush. I hopelessly tried to hang on to it for the camera shot, cradling it close to my face so I suppose I was asking for it. On the positive side the fish below was taken once I mastered my new handling procedure and I'm happy with the shot.




The stretch got overcrowded just after lunch so I packed up early and went to spot the big grayling below the bridge, a favorite pastime of mine.

No comments: