Guiding Service

My guiding services are now available to assist fly fishermen on both game and coarse rivers. I'd be happy to advise and arrange your special day anywhere from one of Derbyshires finest trout and grayling rivers to your own local coarse river. Email Mick Martin for details and options. Please copy and paste into your own email info@rivererewashfoundation.co.uk











Sunday 28 December 2008

Willersley Castle




I fished the Derwent at Willersley Castle this morning as I know there's plenty of grayling below the weir and 1 or 2 spots down to the bridge that holds a few ladies. The river was in fine fettle and being first to arrive, I quickly made my way to the weir. It was a fine morning with a little sunshine and I managed a few grayling before making my way back downstream picking a few more grayling from the likely swims.







A good day on the whole with 7 grayling and 6 trout so no complaints apart from the amount of litter left along the riverbanks from the boxing Day Raft Race. The place got swarmed by lunchtime and this venue is pretty over fished in winter. Below is the best of the day and as good as your likely to catch at this stretch.

1 comment:

cookie said...

great blog mick i enjoy reading it
all the best from
mick (cookie)