Guiding Service

My guiding services are now available to assist fly fishermen on both game and coarse rivers. I'd be happy to advise and arrange your special day anywhere from one of Derbyshires finest trout and grayling rivers to your own local coarse river. Email Mick Martin for details and options. Please copy and paste into your own email info@rivererewashfoundation.co.uk











Sunday 7 December 2008

Dovedale

With a good frost underfoot my expectations where high after arriving nice and early at the car park, I was really hoping for a good day, especially as all my spare time as been used on the River Erewash Foundation lately. Its the time of year to use my 10ft Streamflex with a team of Czech nymphs to work the bottom of the deeper pools. Her Majesty was running pretty clear and was holding plenty of water but those Silver Ladies just didn't want to play today, I had to cover some distance before finding a few fish, but as always it was worth the effort.




The sport was by no means blistering today so I was very pleased with myself after bringing the beauty below into my big paw. One fish like this is always enough, but I managed another equal in size and stature, along with a couple of small trout just to keep me interested.




The best part of today was watching the loonies wearing shoes and trainers while slip sliding away, they were all over the place on the treacherous paths along the riverbank . I watched 2 walkers attempt the stepping stones (dimwits) and after the 1st pillock slipping into the icy river, his mate then copied him, although he nearly made it across to be fare. I laughed out loud and they both threw me stone cold stares, before quickly making a dash back to the car park before the hypothermia set in. I came home mid afternoon satisfied with my outing and its a good job as God knows when I'll next get out.

2 comments:

Steve said...

Pleasure meeting you on that Sunday. My wife and I distrubed your tea break!!We have since looked up your Erewash website and I have been able to join the LDFFA, so look forward to some days on the Dove @ Dovedale.
Regards, Steve

Mick Martin said...

Hi Steve

I'll look forward to another chat soon and welcome aboard a great club.

Mick