Guiding Service

My guiding services are now available to assist fly fishermen on both game and coarse rivers. I'd be happy to advise and arrange your special day anywhere from one of Derbyshires finest trout and grayling rivers to your own local coarse river. Email Mick Martin for details and options. Please copy and paste into your own email info@rivererewashfoundation.co.uk











Sunday 19 October 2008

Dovedale to Tissington Spires

I made an early start from Dovedale car park to avoid the public, which I have to say worked a treat as I had the place to myself. I managed a couple of grayling before the stepping stones using spider patterns then switched to weighted nymphs through the nursery pool up towards Lovers Leap. Things went very quiet so I quickly began ripping through my nymphs to find some action, especially as I'd chose my 10ft Streamflex for that specific job, but it was to no avail.

Around lunchtime I began to spot a few delicate little rises so I thought I'd try the dries as I'd nothing to lose. I quickly caught 3 small grayling using a size 14 Bradshaws Fancy on point with Grey Duster on dropper, so thinking I'd found a shoal of grayling I worked the pool to death before realising I was wasting time. Moving on yet again, things went quiet, so I decided to work my way back to the car while having a flick here and there, of course. After hooking up with a couple of trout and loosing my leader in a tree, I decided to call it a day.

Fishing this venue quite often recently, I know there are some very large grayling here but finding them, true to form is very difficult to say the least, and like any 5 year old they don't stay still for long. Not the most productive day, but I suppose I'm a little closer to getting my hands on a big fat lady, sooner or later.

No comments: