Guiding Service

My guiding services are now available to assist fly fishermen on both game and coarse rivers. I'd be happy to advise and arrange your special day anywhere from one of Derbyshires finest trout and grayling rivers to your own local coarse river. Email Mick Martin for details and options. Please copy and paste into your own email info@rivererewashfoundation.co.uk











Sunday 12 February 2012

Trotting on Her Majesty

Finally got out trotting today at Mayfield after canceling the last 3 Sundays for various reasons. The Dove was holding a good level of water with a tinge of colour, perfick!. I quickly got amongst them and although still patchy snow everywhere it wasn't that cold, mind you I hammered the hip flask of slow gin which probably helped warm my cockles a bit.


I thoroughly enjoyed using the centre pin once we got re aquainted and afterall a change is as good as a rest. I should mention using the Berkley fireline crystal on my reel which impressed me to say the least, mind you many anglers swear by it for trotting and now I know why, its superb stuff and only one birdsnest all day.

Hopefully I'll get out again during half term, if I can whip through the Captains DIY list.

No comments: