Guiding Service

My guiding services are now available to assist fly fishermen on both game and coarse rivers. I'd be happy to advise and arrange your special day anywhere from one of Derbyshires finest trout and grayling rivers to your own local coarse river. Email Mick Martin for details and options. Please copy and paste into your own email info@rivererewashfoundation.co.uk











Thursday 2 June 2011

May-ke It Happen

I thought I'd share a few deadly mayfly patterns that work for me, I'm sure we all have our own go to patterns during Duffers Fortnight and these are mine. This one below is based around an emerging mayfly but holds up well with elk wing and badger hackle well ginked.


This pattern is also taken readily this time of year,the tail is bear and the only answer I got when asking what kind of bear at Walkers was a dead one, but the creamy colour was bang on the money for the tail inside my head. Summer Duck wing and dark olive hackle with dub of your choice but you need to think yellow in my opinion. The basis of this pattern was shown to me a few years ago by a novice who out fished me beyond belief.

No comments: