Guiding Service

My guiding services are now available to assist fly fishermen on both game and coarse rivers. I'd be happy to advise and arrange your special day anywhere from one of Derbyshires finest trout and grayling rivers to your own local coarse river. Email Mick Martin for details and options. Please copy and paste into your own email info@rivererewashfoundation.co.uk











Monday 11 April 2011

Hot Stuff


Well on the radio driving to Bakewell this Sunday lunch, Britain was hotter than the Algarve and Rome which ain't a bad start in anyones book and arriving at Sheepwash I stepped out into the glorious sunshine and tackled up. I explored a new tricky section going up to Riverside, in fact it was death defying holding onto the wall, trees or anything else to prevent me taking an early bath. Anyway I was rewarded for my efforts clambering along the wall with a few rainbows and its worth the effort to observe the rising trout below you, completely unaware. After catching a few above and below Sheepwash Bridge I decided to try stalking the wild browns in the channel near the Firestation and failed miserably to entice a brown although I was completely succesful at covering my hands in nettle stings.
Throughout the day I managed plenty of fish with some rising and others needing some rivercraft to reveal themselves,luckily amongst the humpteen fish caught were 6 beautiful browns.

The grayling were spawning all over with some huge specimens loitering here and there putting on a show for the keen eyed anglers. My succesful flies were my vw sedge,tupps,duster varients and elk caddis to bring em up in the speedy stuff. Around tea time I got amongst a small hatch of LDO's creating a short burst of blistering fishing, just to plonk a cherry on top of another gorgeous day at the home of flyfishing.

No comments: