Guiding Service

My guiding services are now available to assist fly fishermen on both game and coarse rivers. I'd be happy to advise and arrange your special day anywhere from one of Derbyshires finest trout and grayling rivers to your own local coarse river. Email Mick Martin for details and options. Please copy and paste into your own email info@rivererewashfoundation.co.uk











Wednesday 28 April 2010

Ogston Res

Today I spent the afternoon at Ogston which is a DCAC stillwater I haven't tried before but its a place many members speak fondly of. First of all on arrival this venue is absolutely beautiful and well worth a trip with the family even without the fishing, an abundance of wildlife in a deep picturesque valley surrounded by pine forest and fields.



I parked on the North Bank car park and had lunch looking out over the water, while I gathered my bearings on fishing spots, car parks and check in stations. A quick look at the water showed the wind coming straight at me had smashed the muddy banks a little, colouring the water this side which would probably make things difficult so throughout the day i fished most other banks.




I managed 6 rainbows and this fine perch below for a bonus all caught on buzzers my preferred method for the day, and what a lovely day it was, hopefully I'll get another crack soon before switching to the rivers.




y

No comments: