Guiding Service

My guiding services are now available to assist fly fishermen on both game and coarse rivers. I'd be happy to advise and arrange your special day anywhere from one of Derbyshires finest trout and grayling rivers to your own local coarse river. Email Mick Martin for details and options. Please copy and paste into your own email info@rivererewashfoundation.co.uk











Monday 26 April 2010

Foremark Magic!

Yesterday some of the REF members had a day at Foremark and as usual it proved to be a good day full of laughs. We started the day catching on nymphs/lures until lunch then switched to buzzers which proved deadly for the rest of the day. Early season buzzer fishing at Foremark is near unbeatable and with the quality of fish coming through yesterday its difficult to see past at the moment. My brother started catching every cast using the biggest ugly buzzers I've ever seen, he'd received enough takes for me to give em a go. To my amazement I began catching fish and have to admit you learn something every time out, these giant ugly buzzers caught were my buzzers failed.

These pictures below show our kid playing a fish of the backing and what a beauty it was with a lovely spade tail and fully finned to near perfection, no need to question the quality of fish here.
I have to say although I take crap pics this one shows why beautiful Foremark is second to none in reservoir fishing from the bank, especially early season.





I got lucky with the biggest of the day which took me out on my backing and struggled with me for 10 mins before finally giving in and coming to the net. Ady caught a lovely perch worthy of any blog and the best of the day in my opinion. For those that couldn't attend yesterday what a bad choice you made in missing possibly the best still water fishing this year, absolute magic with a total of 30 - get in there my son!


No comments: