Guiding Service

My guiding services are now available to assist fly fishermen on both game and coarse rivers. I'd be happy to advise and arrange your special day anywhere from one of Derbyshires finest trout and grayling rivers to your own local coarse river. Email Mick Martin for details and options. Please copy and paste into your own email info@rivererewashfoundation.co.uk











Wednesday 3 March 2010

On the Money at Mayfield

More lurvly ladies taken at Mayfield yesterday on what can only be described as a lovely winters day. Her Majesty was running clear and in fine condition, and although the ladies didn't throw themselves at me today, I got too meet 4 well built Derbyshire lassies to be exact. Obviously I was check nymphing on my 10ft rod using 2 heavy Leatherbacks size 10 which proved best yet again catching 3 but I did manage 1 from the weir on a 16 nymph.






With winter coming to an end I feel the grayling fishing has been exceptional for some reason, producing a good number of large ladies, maybe just another strange cycle, similar to the Mayfly hatches where every few years they return in force with amazing hatches compared to dribs and drabs, who knows? I enjoyed a long chat with another member which proved very pleasant indeed, obviously an accomplished angler with time for his brothers of the wangle, hope to meet him again soon.




No comments: