Guiding Service

My guiding services are now available to assist fly fishermen on both game and coarse rivers. I'd be happy to advise and arrange your special day anywhere from one of Derbyshires finest trout and grayling rivers to your own local coarse river. Email Mick Martin for details and options. Please copy and paste into your own email info@rivererewashfoundation.co.uk











Sunday 13 December 2009

Dynamite Derwent

Me and Del off the fly forum went grayling hunting on the Derwent today and after the heavy rains of late I didn't know what to expect really. On arrival the river was high and running like a steam train but looking on the bright side there wasn't much colour in the water. We began walking upstream hoping to find a pool that might be fishable but to be honest I haven't fished this stretch so high previously, but we're here so what the hell.

We quickly came across a few bait anglers who hadn't had much success, and after landing a nice grayling more or less instantly, one chap came over and said "I wouldn't have believed that if I hadn't seen it" I can't get a touch on bait. I have to admit I revelled in my glory a little, but explained its just beginners luck, but the funny thing was every time I spotted him watching me, I hooked into another fish.
The day proved perfect with plenty of grayling for both of us although at times we became frustrated, not being able to position ourselves favourably to fish a few likely spots, the flow was so immense. Its fair to say we gave the bait boys a good hiding which is guaranteed to place a smile on my face. I have to arrange the River Erewash Foundation Bash for tomorrow evening so sorry about the short post but just enjoy these pics below for now, a brilliant day in excellent company.




No comments: