Guiding Service

My guiding services are now available to assist fly fishermen on both game and coarse rivers. I'd be happy to advise and arrange your special day anywhere from one of Derbyshires finest trout and grayling rivers to your own local coarse river. Email Mick Martin for details and options. Please copy and paste into your own email info@rivererewashfoundation.co.uk











Friday 30 October 2009

Willersley Castle

Today I started with dry fly around the bridge catching a 2 small grayling and on reaching the faster water set up my check nymphs on my 10ft rod then fished through the likely areas upstream to Masson Mill. The grayling were pretty keen today with all ladies fighting very hard, dragging through the fast water making my life very hard, losing a few nice fish as a result.
I steadily caught ladies going upstream with my leatherbacks winning the day easily and after a while I fished 2 of them size 10's which proved effective and stopped getting snagged in the shallow water so much. The Derwent still needs water as she's very low, mind you I managed to wade up next to the mill for a new experience which bought me a couple more small but perfick grayling. After a massive tangle I switched back to dry and worked back downstream with my elk caddis, working along the edges of the fast strips which also worked well and finished me back at the bridge with 12 grayling the best shown below.




No comments: