Guiding Service

My guiding services are now available to assist fly fishermen on both game and coarse rivers. I'd be happy to advise and arrange your special day anywhere from one of Derbyshires finest trout and grayling rivers to your own local coarse river. Email Mick Martin for details and options. Please copy and paste into your own email info@rivererewashfoundation.co.uk











Sunday 30 August 2009

Willersley Castle

I arrived at 10.30am to find the Derwent low and very clear and my initial response was this could prove difficult yet again today. I fished every inch of the bridge pool with no results, not even a glimpse of a fish around the bridge anywhere, this is a first for me so with my head hung lowly, I plodded upstream where at last I spotted a few rises to cast at. I fancied a Daddy but after a couple of close inspections the trout sank back to the riverbed, totally unimpressed. I decided to downsize a little to my Daddio which instantly did the trick resulting in a few fish including this fine wild brown below.


The day was tough and the only good news was I had a chat with Paul Sissons who had little success on the nymph today, so with my dry fly only challenge, it seems I wasn't at a disadvantage today, because if Mr Sissons says there not taking nymphs then rest assured they're most definitely not. Sticking with the dries I managed a few more on a small duster before the rain started coming heavily enough to get me making my way back downstream to the car.
I'd caught 7 fish and arrived home in time for tea, sweet as a nut, but the fishing is most certainly
sinking into a lull and only dogged persistence getting results lately.

No comments: