Guiding Service

My guiding services are now available to assist fly fishermen on both game and coarse rivers. I'd be happy to advise and arrange your special day anywhere from one of Derbyshires finest trout and grayling rivers to your own local coarse river. Email Mick Martin for details and options. Please copy and paste into your own email info@rivererewashfoundation.co.uk











Thursday 7 May 2009

Chocolate Churnet

Went to fish Lords Bridge last night and on arrival realised they must have had some localised heavy rain as the Churnet was well coloured and more or less unfishable. The fact I was on a dry fly only quest this season didn't help to raise my spirits, well I was there so I thought I'd have a walk, take the rod and you never know. Last Night I realised how pretty this venue is with a good variety of swims and runs and plenty of places to get in and out on the lower stretch below the weir.



I tried fishing the shallow riffles were maybe the odd fish could spot my fly and I could make out the riverbed but it was a very tall order fishing in Wonka Land. To my surprise this little brown below decided to show mercy by taking my Claret Klinkhammer, and what a beautiful fish it was. The old claret got me another fight on a clear edge of a run by a bigger fish, needless to say as quick as the smile came over my face it pinged off - you son of a beach. The good news is the water levels on the Derbyshire rivers have been topped up, so when things calm down happy days are coming soon.



No comments: