Guiding Service

My guiding services are now available to assist fly fishermen on both game and coarse rivers. I'd be happy to advise and arrange your special day anywhere from one of Derbyshires finest trout and grayling rivers to your own local coarse river. Email Mick Martin for details and options. Please copy and paste into your own email info@rivererewashfoundation.co.uk











Wednesday 18 March 2009

Milldale (1st Outing)

Today was my first trip out in the Trout season, and this season I've decided to set myself a challenge of dry fly only, my interpretation of one anyway. I arrived at 11.00am and noticed the odd trout rising from Viators bridge, and on closer inspection as reliably informed there was a few hatches of LDO's and the trout were switched onto them for sure. My first fish was a grayling but quickly followed by a brown and my seasons 1st had been taken on dry fly using my amazing bamboo, God it felt sooooooo good playing those fish.




Most fish were taken on the upper parts but once I reached Dove holes things felt cooler and there was no fly life or rising fish to be seen. Before long I was back tracking and I managed these 2 below that kept the smile on my face.




Below was the best from today and I'm surprised to say my 1st dryfly day was very successful and to think I was gonna go stockie bashing, I think I made an excellent choice.




No comments: