Guiding Service

My guiding services are now available to assist fly fishermen on both game and coarse rivers. I'd be happy to advise and arrange your special day anywhere from one of Derbyshires finest trout and grayling rivers to your own local coarse river. Email Mick Martin for details and options. Please copy and paste into your own email info@rivererewashfoundation.co.uk











Monday 11 August 2008

Dovedale

Today my 7 yr old daughter joined me while fishing from Dovedale upstream to Tissington Spires and to my amazement she enjoyed herself. I chose Dovedale car park as a starting point so my girl could play around the stepping stones area although I managed a few browns along the 1st stretch before reaching them. Luckily she landed the huge monsters for me in the large landing net, otherwise I would never have coped.







The Dove was in nice condition and the fish were rising all along the stretch and although the public were out in force, my daughter was loving all the interest in her landing net from the other kids passing by. We stopped for a couple of kelly sessions and the Kit Kat and Time Out that I bought on the way, went down nicely. The fascination on my daughters face when I caught the grayling below was complete pleasure for me. I explained the Grayling is known as the Lady Of The Stream and that splash of magenta across the dorsal Fin worked its magic on her and she whispered " its really beautiful" and I agreed. On the drive home I checked her memory and asked whats the real name of the Lady Of The Stream, the answer came back lightening speed and is definitely engraved into her sweet little brain forever.




No comments: