Guiding Service

My guiding services are now available to assist fly fishermen on both game and coarse rivers. I'd be happy to advise and arrange your special day anywhere from one of Derbyshires finest trout and grayling rivers to your own local coarse river. Email Mick Martin for details and options. Please copy and paste into your own email info@rivererewashfoundation.co.uk











Wednesday 6 August 2008

Derwent part 2

Due to pressure from my brother since my last visit, I found myself on the Derwent again, but I admit I didn't take much persuading. It was raining on arrival and it didn't stop all day, we both quickly got saturated but the fishing is that good here, we'd of carried on naked wading on 1 leg if we had to. To say the rain was pounding the river there were a few trout rising and readily prepared to take from the surface, needless to say it was dry fly all day.
Successful flies were Elk Caddis, Daddies, Grey Duster and my own variation of Balloon Caddis (Larry's Pride) all were used throughout the day to catch some of the fish pictured below.
My summary is a fantastic days fishing but an awful day to have it on, and I suppose it was a case of no pain - no gain.









No comments: