Guiding Service

My guiding services are now available to assist fly fishermen on both game and coarse rivers. I'd be happy to advise and arrange your special day anywhere from one of Derbyshires finest trout and grayling rivers to your own local coarse river. Email Mick Martin for details and options. Please copy and paste into your own email info@rivererewashfoundation.co.uk











Sunday 20 July 2008

Carsington (Summertime Blues)

It was hard to believe this was a summers day while bobbing around Carsington water freezing your bits off. The wind was relentless which resulted in a late start/early finish as finding any kind of shelter proved difficult with the changing winds all over the place. The ressie was reduced to half its size for a sailing event to take place, this removed a few of my favorite haunts here, although they probably wouldn't have produced fish while I was fishing from an extreme rocking horse - I swear I felt sea sick at one point.






Against all odds I was lucky enough to manage a couple of fish, including this 3lb Blue Trout taken in open water on a black lure. These blue trout really seem to fight like crazy, and this one quickly had me testing my rod as it fought desperately to go under the boat. After some rod bending persuasion the trout turned and came back out of the front to scrap a little more before being gratefully recieved in my net. I cannot say today was enjoyable, in fact it proved hard work and the best part was the relief of getting off the water out of the wind. On days like this you'll do well to remember every dog has his day, and Carsington is a Top Class Reservoir when the weather permits it to be.

No comments: