Guiding Service

My guiding services are now available to assist fly fishermen on both game and coarse rivers. I'd be happy to advise and arrange your special day anywhere from one of Derbyshires finest trout and grayling rivers to your own local coarse river. Email Mick Martin for details and options. Please copy and paste into your own email info@rivererewashfoundation.co.uk











Monday 24 March 2008

Ecclesbourne (Turnditch)

With an afternoon to kill I made my way from bagging up at Ladybower across Derbyshire in search of new horizons (Ecclesbourne). I managed to check out the Wye while driving through Bakewell which was very busy due to the bank holiday. I eventually arrived at the Ecclesbourne and rushed down to have a good look around this little gem. I walked downstream checking things out and managed to spot a few small wild fish. This stretch will be stocked but not yet, so any fish spotted today have a good chance of being wild. First impressions are what a super little river this is, and although nothing was moving today, come May this will be a superb fishery in my opinion, and frankly I can't wait. I had my kelly kettle with me for the walk, so I boiled up a nice cup of rosy while sitting on a tree stump, watching the river like a hawk. I took a few pictures to give a rough idea of the size/type of stream the Ecclesbourne is.















No comments: