Guiding Service

My guiding services are now available to assist fly fishermen on both game and coarse rivers. I'd be happy to advise and arrange your special day anywhere from one of Derbyshires finest trout and grayling rivers to your own local coarse river. Email Mick Martin for details and options. Please copy and paste into your own email info@rivererewashfoundation.co.uk











Sunday 17 February 2008

Church Mayfield (River Dove)

A Perfect morning for grayling fishing in my opinion with a hard frost, with a bright clear sunny day to boot. The Dove was running very clear and wading right from the wier downstream to the bridge seemed possible today, so I guess the river was at a good level. I fished around the wier for the first hour but with no success, so I decided to wade down to the bridge. Bingo! I was into a nice grayling caught with a Tiny Shiny, this fish gave me a teriffic fight, then taking a photo with one hand while holding a fish in the other was tricky, and considering I was up to my belly button in icy cold water, they turned out quite well.










I managed a couple more grayling, one caught with a pink shrimp, and all fish of a similar stamp and excellent condition. I saw no hatches of anything but I noticed a couple of rises late afternoon, so could'nt resist trying my new floating line, by running a Klinkhammer through the swim, sadly this was wishful thinking on my part and due to cold feet, I decided to call it a day.

No comments: