Guiding Service

My guiding services are now available to assist fly fishermen on both game and coarse rivers. I'd be happy to advise and arrange your special day anywhere from one of Derbyshires finest trout and grayling rivers to your own local coarse river. Email Mick Martin for details and options. Please copy and paste into your own email info@rivererewashfoundation.co.uk











Sunday 23 December 2007

Wolfscotedale

23 Dec 2007
I decided to search for grayling at Wolfscotedale today, which is something I've not tried as the ratio of grayling per trout on this stretch is minimal during trout season - but logic doesn't always succeed, so I hoped for a real clunker. Well you could say I was keeping it real as being confident counted for nothing on this day. On arrival it was foggy and -2 but the river was in superb condition so I marched on full of optimism. To cut a long story short not 1 single grayling came to my net, but it did turn into a lovely day and afterall, I can think of worse places to spend the day.

The only company I got out of the river today was this lean looking brown trout, which looked ordinary for this time of year (torpedo shaped), apart from the leeches stuck to it. I don't usually take browns out of the water out of season - but I thought a picture of the leeches could prove interesting. I scraped them off with a careful thumb nail, then returned the brown safely back into the river.


Around 2.30pm I decided it was time to return home for a Christmas holiday, and take time to lick my wounds, so that I can come out fighting again soon.



No comments: