Guiding Service

My guiding services are now available to assist fly fishermen on both game and coarse rivers. I'd be happy to advise and arrange your special day anywhere from one of Derbyshires finest trout and grayling rivers to your own local coarse river. Email Mick Martin for details and options. Please copy and paste into your own email info@rivererewashfoundation.co.uk











Friday 5 April 2013

Mitals Mayfly (detached body)

Thought I'd share my detached Mayfly bodies with you as duffers draws close, cheap as chips material effectively used in my James May Patterns and sedge bodys over the last few seasons. I could do a step by step but its simple enough, and for those that don't know me, I don't overplay things and just keep it simples.


Buy a roll of Vet Wrap (horse bandage) for less than a fiver and its self adhesive qualities are superb for cutting off a rectangle pieces to create 1000's of desired bodies like above. Place 3/4 strands of pheasant tail before rolling tightly, imagine rolling a fag without the spit. The rest of the fly is upto you and we all have our own preferences so just adapt the body but feel free to use mine if you wish as obviously I find it effective. You can colour the body but the fish don't mind that much.


No comments: