Guiding Service

My guiding services are now available to assist fly fishermen on both game and coarse rivers. I'd be happy to advise and arrange your special day anywhere from one of Derbyshires finest trout and grayling rivers to your own local coarse river. Email Mick Martin for details and options. Please copy and paste into your own email info@rivererewashfoundation.co.uk











Wednesday 22 April 2009

Milldale

I spent the evening fishing from Milldale last night and arrived at 5pm and all was quiet on the western front with nobody around, Hallellula! After a few warmer days things had livened up, especially moving my way into the valley where a couple of fish snatched my G Duster early on. The insect life had improved in the valley and there was a constant trickle of olives all the way to Doveholes, with a few fish rising for them.



I caught a few browns with my own patterns, a good mix of stocked and wild fish coming into my big wet paws. The surroundings where fast growing and visibly greener than last week, the place is definitely moving into summer. One complaint is her Majesty could do with a top up soon, as the river is running low and a good downpour will set the fishing up for the coming summer months. While making my return upstream I met a local village fishermen named Andy, resulting in a friendly chat and a quick show of flies while sharing a few casts. Andy had also been successful on dries right down past the boardwalks, so the future looks promising.


I fished until 8.30pm and then sat around to watch the bat display while reflecting on my best river trip so far this year, resulting in plenty of superb dry fly action. The trout were rising to LDO's until dark, and I counted 10 members of the public, 2 dogs on a lead and 1 friendly fisherman all night - Supersonic eh!

No comments: