Guiding Service

My guiding services are now available to assist fly fishermen on both game and coarse rivers. I'd be happy to advise and arrange your special day anywhere from one of Derbyshires finest trout and grayling rivers to your own local coarse river. Email Mick Martin for details and options. Please copy and paste into your own email info@rivererewashfoundation.co.uk











Tuesday 8 July 2008

Wolfscotedale (Dove)

Had the afternoon on the Dove yesterday, and with the only reasonable forecast this week, it had to be done today. Another good start as usual taking lots of browns all on a variety of dries, but most falling for my never fail Balloon Caddis. I had a mixture of sizes from tiny to around 2lb and I landed 17 in total so nothing to complain about, although I was hoping for a good rise late in the eveining, but I'm afraid it never came. The Dove held a nice level of water due to recent rains and it was running pretty clear. I spotted a few late Drakes all dressed with nowhere to go "the parties finished mate" but no amount of hatch to speak of, just the odd Olive and Sedge scattered around. One little shower wasn't enough to dampen my spirits any, so a great day with plenty of action although the river failed at the last hurdle - no evening rise.




1 comment:

glen pointon said...

Mick that is a great fish, would love to catch one of those,
Will be in touch soon for a trip with you,
Thanks
Glen