Guiding Service

My guiding services are now available to assist fly fishermen on both game and coarse rivers. I'd be happy to advise and arrange your special day anywhere from one of Derbyshires finest trout and grayling rivers to your own local coarse river. Email Mick Martin for details and options. Please copy and paste into your own email info@rivererewashfoundation.co.uk











Thursday 26 June 2008

Reality Check

Yesterday afternoon I made a visit to Willersley Castle in the hope of a few more lunkers that I'd been catching there of late. The Derwent is becoming very low and many fish holding areas have been vacated by all residents. There was no insect life to speak of and nothing rising so after trying to draw a few up on dryfly, I quicky decided nymphs was my best option today.
I tried hard for a couple of hours enduring many showers so hopefully the river may rise a little.
After recieving a reality check as I never had a take or any sign of interest whatsoever, I decided it was going to be one of those days, and for the 1st time this year I drew a blank and made the drive back home after just 2 hours fishing.
This failure can be good for the soul I'm told, but I'm not sure I believe it, however it does build strength in character and I'll be raring to go again by the weekend, on the other hand I could be on the way to breaking a record - 3 trips without a single fish.



No comments: