Guiding Service

My guiding services are now available to assist fly fishermen on both game and coarse rivers. I'd be happy to advise and arrange your special day anywhere from one of Derbyshires finest trout and grayling rivers to your own local coarse river. Email Mick Martin for details and options. Please copy and paste into your own email info@rivererewashfoundation.co.uk











Monday 5 May 2008

River Erewash (The Facelift)

Today I walked the dogs along the stretch of river the group had worked yesterday, mainly to inspect things once the dust had settled. What a difference a day makes as this river showed many signs of life such as the small fry zipping to the surface snatching at the midges, along with the Heron standing to attention as I passed, and not forgetting the Kingfisher doing his thing. The water clarity had greatly improved, resulting in many fish of all sizes being easily spotted, and along with a much better flow and the obvious cosmetic appearance, this river had truly come to life. Obviously riverbanks are my favorite place, but I had no idea the restoration would give me so much pleasure and satisfaction, along with an overwhelming feeling of doing something worthwhile.














No comments: